Tuesday 23 February 2016

29 faces: numbers 22 and 23!

Today I finished a face that I had started in my artjournal after making the miniature painting in the weekend. I had some leftover paint and since I don't particularly like browns and skintones as backgroundcolours, I thought I'd just make a new face with them. I only had skintone, titan buff and dark brown left, and proceeded to make a face so ghostly that it almost scared me. So I added a bit of red under the eyes, which actually made her look even more like a ghost, but something held me back from giving her more pinky cheeks. I kinda liked the ghostlike appearance :-)


Yesterday's face is another weirdo :-)


That's it for now! I'll be back on Thursday. Thanks for stopping by ♥

9 comments:

  1. I don't think she's ghostly at all! I like your weirdo too, especially the quote! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you said you were scared by your own painting! That's a good sign in my opinion. ;) It's funny that you should mention skintone as a background, that's just what I did this morning and you know how much I love bright colour! Great minds think alike. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great faces Demise! I can't believe it's the last week already. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful humor in your second face, ha ha. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to see your faces
    wonderful colors in the second one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspirational and true and lovely artwork. Your faces are always so intriguing and full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weirdo is once again so adorable!

    I don't think the top girl looks at all ghostly, she looks a bit like a Finn in the winter, in desperate need of sun and warmth :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see ghostly either. The bottom face, she looks tired. Both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too like the lighter color of her cheeks Denise! All of these are awesome!
    xxJackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !