Monday 8 October 2012

Some sketches and a one-liner

Thanks so much for your visits and your lovely comments. ♥ ♥ ♥

I have been sketching a bit today. That was such a long time ago that at first I didn't even know how to start anymore ☺ But once started, I realized again how much I love sketching. Just seeing a face arise from a blank page is so much fun. I used coloured pencils as well, and decided to finally use some the pictures I took from my in-progress canvases as a background.

Here are 2 faces I made:

This is a drawing I made today, first with graphite, then with coloured pencils. And then I scanned it and pasted the background in with Photoshop.

This sketch I did a while ago, but today I used coloured pencils on top, and then again scanned it and in Photoshop pasted the background from one of my paintings in progress. And added the text  as well.

I'm playing with the idea of making a calendar out of these girls. I did one like that last year for my family, and they were very enthusiastic about it. I will have to hurry though, since I see calendars everywhere in the shops already, so if I want to sell them I can't wait too much longer. But at the moment I'm also trying to make a diary, and that has to be finished first.

And then there's my website .... Almost finished, have to add some more photos.

Lots to do, I'm not bored ... ☺

 But I did a one-liner too! Promised I would now and then, right ☺ ?

That's me sometimes ....

Thanks for visiting, I'm hoping to be back on Wednesday with another inspiring artist-post! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Wow, the faces are beautiful! Great idea of using your photos of your canvases as a background ! I am sure you know this saying, "Bored people are boring people!" Based on your art, colours and humor, I would say that you are definitely not bored or boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow busy girl, I have to make up 3 photo books by the 22 nd of oct or I lose my groupon.

    These are wonderful. You are one of the best at putting the perfect image to the quote. Also some of your quotes I have never heard before so that's an added bonus for me!! I think family will adore your calender!! You go girl...you are a working machine...love love love your sketches too!!

    Fabulous post today...love how you used your canvas as a background for your sketches!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha....and beautiful sketches today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh. . . your girls are always so lovely - the backgrounds are super too! The calendar idea sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your faces are just magical. would love to take a class with you... hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sketches are lovely, you have so many different styles to play with, all of them beautiful:) The calender sounds like a great idea Denthe, I would buy one for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sketches, Denthe, and I just LOVE your faces with the little quips! Today's really made me laugh - I can so relate! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the expression of the first one, you could read it in so many ways. Interesting process of colouring and digital retouching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so skilled at faces! sandra is right -- you do a great job with so many different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible graphites!!!! =O =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !