Thursday 5 July 2012

Summer of color: week 4!

Well, the last few days certainly managed to fly by. Better be quick to post my entry for Summer of Color. The color palette for this week was strawberry lemonade. Don't know whether I got the colors right this time, but that doesn't really matter. The background I started with was this:


I saw two faces and a hand. Can you see it?

So that's what I painted:


Didn't really see a bird this time, but decided to throw one in anyway. They kind of belong on these small paintings I think.

I also did another journal page. A messy one this time. And I like it much better than the clean look of last time. It could have done with some more embellishments, and I might still do that, but now it's time to post so I'll post it the way it is now.


That's it for today. I've been really busy with my boxes. I'll post some pics next time.

For now, I'm wishing you all a relaxing fun weekend!
See you in a couple of days!

13 comments:

  1. I just love these...love your style. Ah! So beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy, I love these and I love your style. I'm glad that birdie got in on the act! Your journal page is so beautiful and so sad.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly smashing pieces. Happy SOC, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful? love your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. gee,,,you are talented at this gig...love how you create on the discovery...brilliant...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting - I love the way the background becomes the foreground! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous painting Denthe... I love the soulful people you draw... and beautiful journal page... with an awesome background...

    Happy Sunday...
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, objects you paints greatly depending on your initial background colors, right??...WOWWWW I must say. This is really amazing :) Gorgeous people and the bird too :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I'm tempted to let my background tell me what to paint now! Love both the small painting and your fantastic journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both so beautiful! You have used this color palette really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !